Thursday 21 January 2016

TRIB3 / Sheffield

I thought I was fit until I went to TRIB3.

TRIB3_Sheffield-1


I had seen posts floating around social media about a new bootcamp/HIIT training studio on Ecclesall Road called TRIB3. I love exercise classes. It’s how I got into fitness. I'm a naturally competitive person and I think classes really push you. I’m less inclined to jump off the treadmill or put down a dumbbell if I see everyone else around me is still doing it.

They were running complimentary day of classes on the weekends so on Sunday morning I thought I’d go and check it out.

First impressions: it’s just so nice in here. 

TRIB3_Sheffield-2
TRIB3_Sheffield-3

Even the changing rooms are so gorgeous (I’m a sucker for an exposed brick wall) and the fact that the lockers are free and you don’t need to bring your own padlock? Added bonus. 

TRIB3_Sheffield-5

There’s even complimentary toiletries, and in hindsight, I should have bathed myself in the deodorant if I’d known how sweaty I was going to get. Sweaty doesn't even cover it. But I’ll get to that later.

TRIB3_Sheffield-6
TRIB3_Sheffield-7

There’s a lounge area with sofas and a little bar where you can order some shakes before/after your workout. If you do the former, then they’ll prepare it for you ready for you to crawl to (because your legs won’t work) after the session.

Towels are complimentary and can be picked up near the reception area – one of the TRIB3 staff told me the whole idea was that they wanted to make it as easy as possible for people to drop in with just a change of clothes before/after work and do a workout. No excuses.

The other thing I like as well is that there's no contracts and no joining fees (ugh they are the wooooorst). You buy blocks of 'credit' through their website or their app, and just use up your credit and book onto classes as and when you want. Simples. *meerkat squeak*

TRIB3_Sheffield-8

I had booked on for the full body workout, and was met by a daunting sight.

TRIB3_Sheffield-9

It’s a 45 minute HIIT (high intensity interval training) workout with three components: intervals on the treadmill (switching between sprints and incline), resistance training (for this particular workout we used the step and a medicine ball), and high intensity floor work (called the ominous ‘red zone’ – the lights turn red and everything, it's pretty dramatic). The workout cycles between these three sections three times. They've claimed that you can burn around 700-1000 cals a session - which obviously depends on how much effort you're willing to put in.

Guys, guys. It was intense. I consider myself relatively fit – I'm purely basing this on the fact that I go to the gym several times a week, but that’s a valid assumption no? But this class made me question everything I thought I knew – am I actually fit? Are there really 60 seconds in a minute? Because a TRIB3 minute felt like an hour. After the workout, I was exhausted and absolutely dripping in sweat.

All the newbies were ushered for a photo and a polaroid. Honestly the last thing I wanted was for my tomato face to be documented forever on a piece of polaroid, but I wanted my picture on The Wall. 

TRIB3_Sheffield-10
TRIB3_Sheffield-11

It was such a good workout though, it really gets your heart rate going (I thought my heart was going to explode at several points) and something so different from the classes I've been to before. And the next day I was in pain - every single muscle burned and I struggled to do the simplest of things without wincing in pain and feeling incredibly sorry for myself. But that's when you know you've had a proper workout and really pushed yourself to the limit. 

I would definitely definitely recommend checking these guys out if you want a challenge (understatement) - they're running complimentary sessions all day this weekend. It's not the cheapest exercise option out there as TRIB3 have labelled themselves as a 'boutique bootcamp HIIT training studio', and like I've said before, it's a good workout. I have a gym membership already but I've bought a block of classes just to use once a week or whenever I need a bit of a switch up. I've booked in a session for Tuesday and I'm slightly terrified/can't wait to take a photo of my polaroid to put it on Instagram.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© yvnrgn. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig